Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hellblazer

John Constantine.  You may remember this name as the main character from a recent Keanu Reeves movie of the same name.  The general consensus seems to be that the film was a total waste of time, but I enjoyed it.  I seem to be drawn to art related to Heaven and Hell, angels and demons.  The reason I brought this up, is because I have been reading a shitload of Hellblazer comics, which are the basis for the movie Constantine.  In the books, John Constantine is an English bloke with blond hair.  Keanu Reeves antithesis.  The stories describe John's dealings of the magical sort.  Numerous times he has dealt with a litany of demons, witches, and all sorts of Hell-beasts but always manages to escape unscathed, frequently at the cost of his friends and lovers.  I really enjoy the personalities given to demons and deities throughout the comics.  In addition to the realizations of bible concepts and stories.  I highly recommend checking them out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment